Friday, June 13, 2014

Bluegrass Gospel Concert featuring 'Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver'

 We got to enjoy going to a bluegrass gospel concert in
Cullman the other day featuring the group Doyle Lawson
and Quicksilver.  They are one of the greatest bluegrass
groups around.
 
Music has always been an important part of our family.
 I (Alice) have been playing the piano since I was six
years old and when I was 11 my daddy got me my first
mandolin.  We started our family's bluegrass gospel group in 2008
when I was 13 and my brother Isaac was 15.  It was actually
at a bluegrass festival that me Jesse and I met for the first time.
Above is the most recent picture of our band The Carrell Family
(it was taken 6 weeks before Gavin was born and needs
updated now).  Jesse and I are on the far left, my parents in the
middle, and Isaac and his wife on the far right.
 
 Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver's new bus.
 
 Bama Blu-Grace was the opening group for the night.
My family first met them right after Isaac and
I started learning our instruments.
 
 Doyle Lawson and Quicksilver giving an excellent
performance as usual.
 
 Gavin enjoying his first bluegrass concert.
 
 We had a special treat that night; this seven year old
boy came up to Doyle Lawson before the show and
asked to sing a song with him.  He did an excellent job
and was very impressive.  I'm sure we'll hear from him
again in years to come.
 
 Jesse, Gavin, and me with Mr. Lawson.
 

 My parents, brother, and his wife pictured with Doyle.
 
Us, Gavin's Poppy and Momo (my
parents), and Doyle Laswon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment! We love to hear from y'all! Anonymous comments are allowed so that those without accounts can comment as well, but we'd like it if y'all would leave a form of name for identification. Also if there is anything you'd like to see a post on, let us know. We appreciate y'all stopping by and thank you so much for taking the time to comment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...